Last Modified: 24 May 2018
Information we collect
We collect a variety of information about visitors to the Website, to enhance our services.
Information Collected Automatically, after you press 'continue' on our Privacy and Cookie banner: Whenever you visit our Website, we automatically collect (non-invasive) information about you, namely:
- Through Google Analytics, we can see your use of our Website and the device you use to access our Website, your activities on our Website, such as the pages you visit, and your geographical location. We do not collect any personal identifiable information through Google Analytics. The information we collect from you gets deleted automatically 14 months after your last visit, renewed for another 14 month after each visit to our website.
WHERE INFORMATION IS STORED
INFORMATION YOU PROVIDE TO US
- if you provide us with Personal Information by filling out a contact form, or contacting us, we collect that Personal Information. For example, if you register on our Website, we collect your name and e-mail address
- if you contact us via phone, you may also provide us with Personal Information that we collect. From time-to-time, KULU may give you the opportunity to participate in surveys on our Website;
- if you participate, we will collect certain Personal Information from you. Participation in these surveys is completely voluntary and you therefore have a choice whether or not to disclose the requested information; and
- if you take the opportunity to review our products or participate in public forums associated with the Website, we will collect Personal Information in any such reviews, posts or comments. Note that these will be public so you should use care before posting information about yourself online.
KULU accepts direct debit payments onto our nominated account, which you can find on the invoice and related correspondence we send you.
WHERE WE STORE DATA
KULU transfers, processes and stores data about you on servers located in a number of countries, for example, where we subcontract processing to, or share your Personal Information with, third parties for the below purposes. Your Personal Information may therefore be transferred to, processed and stored in a country different from your country of residence, and be subject to privacy laws that are different from those in your country of residence. Information collected within the European Economic Area (“EEA”) and Switzerland may, for example, be transferred to and processed by third parties referred to below that are located in a country outside of the EEA and Switzerland, where you may have fewer rights in relation to your Personal Information. By using the Website and providing us with your Personal Information, you are consenting to the transfer, processing and storage of your Personal Information in countries outside of your country of residence.
KULU's web hosting service is SquareSpace. By using this website, in particular as a citizen of the European Union, you authorise SquareSpace to transfer Your Controlled Data to the US. SquareSpace will transfer Your Controlled Data to outside the EEA using the Swiss-U.S. and EU-U.S. Privacy Shield Frameworks or another lawful data transfer mechanism that is recognised under EU Data Protection Law as providing an adequate level of protection for such data transfers. Please read more about storage of your information here: https://www.squarespace.com/dpa
USE OF INFORMATION
We use the information that we collect about you for the following purposes:
- to maintain and improve our Website, including personalizing your online experience and ensuring content is presented in the most effective manner for you;
- operate our business, including the provision to you of information and services that you request and other transactional or administrative updates;
- to administer your account;
- inform you about services that we offer and that are similar to those you have already purchased or enquired about;
- provide you, or permit selected third parties to provide you, with information about services we feel may interest you (where you have consented to receiving such communications);
- as part of our efforts to keep the Website safe and secure;
- to measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to make our future marketing efforts and those of third parties more effective; and
- to administer our Website and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, research, testing, statistical and survey purposes.
We may also combine the information which you provide to us (such as your registration details) with information which we collect about you (such as information about your projects) and/or receive from other sources, and use this combined information for the purposes set out above.
DISCLOSURE OF INFORMATION
We will not disclose information about our customers and visitors to the Website to third parties.
Business Operations/Third Party Partners: We may partner with third parties to provide you with information about services that we feel may be of interest to you. We will only disclose your Personal Information to such third parties if you have consented to receiving such information.
Merger, Sale or Acquisition: In addition, it is possible that in the future another company may acquire KULU or its assets or that KULU may partner with or purchase another company to continue to do business as a combined entity. If and when any such transaction occurs, it is possible that our customer information, including your Personal Information, may be transferred to the new business entity as one of KULU’s assets. In that case, we will update this policy to reflect any change in ownership or control of your Personal Information.
LINKS TO THIRD PARTY PRODUCTS AND SERVICES
While you are visiting or using the Website, you may be presented with an opportunity to purchase third party products or services. These products and services are offered and supplied by independent companies. If you click on one of the presented offers, you will be redirected to the site of the third party, and any information you provide in response to the offer will be will be governed by the privacy and other policies of that third party. We do not guarantee the security of your Personal Information when using such third party sites or that the operator of such third party sites will comply with applicable data protection laws and regulations.
Communications from KULU: If you do not want to receive email communications from KULU about services that may be of interest to you, you can reply to an email with the words ‘unsubscribe’. You can also click on the unsubscribe link at the bottom of one of our emails. We may still contact you via mail or phone, unless you request to be added to our Do-Not-Call list, and/or our Do-Not-Mail list by contacting us using the below details and indicating your preferences. Please be sure to provide your exact name, e-mail address, mailing address and telephone number(s) and the list or lists you would like to be included on (Do-Not-Call, and/or Do-Not-Mail). Even if you opt-out of email marketing or choose to be placed on one of these lists, we may still communicate with you using any of these methods for those non-marketing purposes set out above in the ‘Use of Information’ section.
UPDATING AND ACCESS TO YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
If you wish to change your name, e-mail address, and/or communication preferences after you have registered, you can request these changes by contacting us using the below details.
You also have the right to request access to and correction of Personal Information that we hold about you. This right of access and correction can be exercised in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998.
We maintain physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards reasonably necessary to ensure the protection of your Personal Information against loss, misuse, disclosure and alteration.
Notwithstanding the above, unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your Personal Information, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our Website; any transmission is at your own risk.
KULU CONTACT DETAILS
• email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
• call us at +61-431 834 713
Last Modified: May 2018
Like most websites, our www.kulucommunications.com website (the “Website”) uses "cookies" and files that are similar to cookies. Cookies do lots of different jobs, like letting you navigate between pages efficiently, remembering your preferences, and generally improve the user experience. They can also help to ensure that adverts you see online are more relevant to you and your interests.
WHAT ARE COOKIES?
Cookies are text files containing small amounts of information which are downloaded to your personal computer, mobile or other device when you visit a website. Cookies are then sent back to the originating website on each subsequent visit, or to another website that recognizes that cookie. Cookies are useful because they allow a website to recognize a user's device.
You can find more information about cookies at www.allaboutcookies.org and www.youronlinechoices.eu.
The following is a list of all the cookies used on our Website set out by category:
These cookies collect information about how visitors use the Website, for instance which pages visitors go to most often, and if they get error messages from web pages. These cookies don't collect information that identifies a visitor. All information these cookies collect is aggregated and therefore anonymous. It is only used to improve how the Website works.
THIRD PARTY COOKIES
When you use our Website, your device or browser may be sent cookies from third parties, for example when using embedded content and social network links. It's important for you to know that we have no access to or control over cookies used by these companies or third party websites. We suggest you check the third party websites for more information about their cookies and how to manage them.
Third Party Tags. We use pixels and Google Tag Manager to learn how you interact with our site pages and social media content, and this information helps us and our ad partners provide you with a more tailored experience. We use tracking snippets to capture data from your browser. Google Tag Manager does not store this data.
HOW TO MANAGE COOKIES
The Help menu on the menu bar of most browsers will tell you how to enable or prevent your browser from accepting new cookies, how to have the browser notify you when you receive a new cookie and how to disable cookies altogether. You can also disable or delete similar data used by browser add-ons, such as Flash cookies, by changing the add-on's settings or visiting the website of its operator. If you use a PC - click on 'Help' at the top of your browser window and select the 'About' option If you use a Mac - with the browser window open, click on the Apple menu and select the 'About' option.
For Flash Cookies (or Local Shared Objects) – The Adobe website provides comprehensive information on how to delete or disable Flash cookies - see http://www.adobe.com/security/flashplayer/.
For Third Party Cookies – If you'd like to opt out of third party company cookies, please use the-opt out tool offered by members of the Network Advertising Initiative (NAI) – see http://www.networkadvertising.org/managing/opt_out.asp. Otherwise, we suggest you contact the relevant third party for more information about their cookies and how you can manage them.
We may revise this policy from time to time by posting a revised policy on our Website. We reserve the right to modify this policy at any time, so please review it frequently.
KULU Communications, 24 May 2018